- The publication of Elegy for Eddie by Jacqueline Winspear (Tuesday) – My disappointment with Maisie Dobbs’ previous outing has tempered my expectations for this, Winspear’s 9th book in the series. I still love the character and the setting but I expect more from the mystery, which is what I’m going to try to focus on this time around since I highly doubt any of my character development concerns will be addressed. This is the only mystery series I have stayed with consistently and I wonder if my reservations about series such as this (character stasis) is coming to light. It would be a shame if so.
- The Mentalist 4.19: “Pink Champagne on Ice” – we’re getting into the home stretch for season four and I honestly have no idea where they are going with Patrick Jane. From the description, this is a stand-alone so we probably won’t get any forward motion on Red John. But, we might get some Jane backstory.
- Great Expectations – Friday, I post my review of Volume 3; Sunday, I watch part one of the PBS mini-series starring Gillian Anderson.
- Bully – I’m taking my boys to see this movie whether they like it or not.
- Sunday Night TV – Really, television executives? The Good Wife, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Masterpiece Theater (Great Expectations)…I really don’t know if my DVR can handle it all. Thank God that pesky part-time job is out of the way so I can devote 4-5 hours to staring at a screen Sunday night.
What are you looking forward to this week?